Yoh, a shaman, meaning he has the ability to channel spirits, is training to compete in the Shaman Fight in Tokyo, a tournament held every 500 years to see who will become the Shaman King and shape humanity’s future.
This manga follows the adventures of Yoh Asakura as he attempts to hone his shaman skills to become the Shaman King by winning the Shaman Fight. The author chose shamanism as the main theme of the series because he wanted a topic that had never been attempted before in manga.
Shaman King – English Manga Covers:
Shaman King – Japanese Manga Covers:
- Shaman King Flowers (Sequel)
- Shaman King: Red Crimson (Spin-off)
- Shaman King Zero (Side story)
- Author: Hiroyuki Takei
- Illustrated by: Hiroyuki Takei
- ISBN-13: 9781569319024
- Series: Shaman King
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Viz Communications,U.S.
- Publication date: 3 Sep 2007
- Product dimensions: 128 x 191 x 17mm
- Weight: 180