In her young life, Rika Furude has witnessed unspeakable tragedy in her hometown of Hinamizawa; she has repeated the month of June in 1983 over and over again, each time ending in disaster. But in each world, the variables leading to tragedy are always different. As the summer resets again, Rika finds herself back in June of 1983 with even less time than usual to set things right.
The story of Higurashi When They Cry is divided into a total of eight chapters: four “Question” arcs and four “Answer” arcs. Each chapter keeps the same main characters, but ends in a different way. However, each chapter gives valuable answers, hints, and clues to the previous one, while at the same time bringing forth even more mysteries.
Higurashi When They Cry – Manga Covers:
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai – Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Prequel)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai – Matsuribayashi-hen (Sequel)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni – Tatarigoroshi-hen (Alternate story)
- Author: Ryukishi07
- Artist: Karin Suzuragi
- ISBN-13: 9780759529830
- Series: Higurashi When They Cry
- Format: Paperback
- Publishers: Little, Brown & Company, Yen Press
- Publication date: 18 Nov 2008
- Product dimensions: 144 x 190 x 17mm
- Weight: 200g