The job of a retriever is not a very lucrative one, at least not for Ginji Amano and Ban Mido. So dire are their circumstances that death by starvation seems imminent until a homeless man takes pity on them and shares some of the food he’s been able to scrounge. Upon learning that they are the GetBackers, he offers them all he has to get his daughter back from the Yakuza.
GetBackers – English Manga Covers:
Tokyopop divided the original series of 39 tankobon volumes in two parts: GetBackers featuring the first twenty-five and GetBackers: Infinity Fortress the following ones. GetBackers was published from February 10, 2004 to July 7, 2008. However, only the first two volumes of Infinity Fortress were released, so the series is left unfinished.
GetBackers – Japanese Manga Covers:
- Related: GetBackers Bangaihen (Side story)
- Author: Rando Ayamine, Yuya Aoki
- Illustrated by: Rando Ayamine
- ISBN-13: 978-1591826330
- Series: Getbackers (Graphic Novels)
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: TokyoPop
- Publishing date: February 10, 2004
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.8 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 5.6 ounces